ARE PROSECUTORS WILLING TO OFFER PLEA DEALS TO FIRST TIME CYBERCRIME OFFENDERS?
American criminal justice system is a system of deals and plea bargains. A person may be innocent and may have a chance of winning at trial but trials expensive, time-consuming, and risky for both sides. This means that very few cases go to a jury trial, and that the government will almost always offer the defendant a plea deal. It is up to the defendant whether to accept it or not, and it’s always the defendant who makes the final decision, not an attorney. The question then becomes how good the government’s plea offer is?
In a federal criminal case defendant is usually facing multiple charges or counts, a plea can result in most of those counts being dropped or dismissed by the government if the defendant agrees to plead guilty to one or two of those charges. Criminal defense attorneys use various tactics to get the best possible plea offer for the client. However, it is important to note that the plea parties work out must be somehow related to the facts in the case, no federal judge will accept a plea to money laundering if the only charge was rape.
For more information on Plea Deals in Cybercrime Cases, an initial consultation is your next best step. Get the information and legal answers you are seeking by calling (718) 989-2908 today.
- An Introduction to Attorney Igor Litvak
- What Exactly Is Considered A Cybercrime?
- What are the Laws Against Cybercrime?
- What Happens When Authorities Investigate Someone for a Cybercrime?
- Should I Hire an Attorney Before I Am Even Arrested?
- What Should Be Considered in Cooperating with Authorities After Being Arrested for a Cybercrime?
- What are Potential Defenses and Sentences in Cybercrime?
- Are Prosecutors Willing to Offer Plea Deals to First Time Cybercrime Offenders?
- Why Is It Critical to Hire an Experienced Cybercrimes Attorney?
- What Forensic Evidence is Critical in Defending Someone Charged with a Cybercrime?
- Are All Cybercrimes Charged as Felonies in New York?
- What Are Some Key Indicators That Someone is Being Investigated for Cybercrimes?